Robin Lovell-Badge Publications
- Cheung, LYM; Rizzoti, K; Lovell-Badge, R and Le Tissier, PR (2013)
Pituitary phenotypes of mice lacking the Notch signalling ligand Delta-like 1 homologue (Dlk1).
Journal of Neuroendocrinology 25, 391-401 PubMed abstract
- Mansuy-Aubert, V; Zhou, Qiong L; Xie, X; Gong, Z; Huang, J-Y; Khan, Abdul R; Aubert, G; Candelaria, K; Thomas, S; Shin, D-J; Booth, S; Baig, Shahid M; Bilal, A; Hwang, D; Zhang, H; Lovell-Badge, R; Smith, Steven R; Awan, Fazli R and Jiang, Zhen Y (2013)
Imbalance between neutrophil elastase and its inhibitor α1-antitrypsin in obesity alters insulin sensitivity, inflammation, and energy expenditure.
Cell Metabolism 17, 534-548 PubMed abstract
- Sekido, R and Lovell-Badge, R (2013)
Genetic control of testis development.
Sexual Development 7, 21-32 PubMed abstract
- Bagheri-Fam, S; Sreenivasan, R; Bernard, P; Knower, KC; Sekido, R; Lovell-Badge, R; Just, W and Harley, VR (2012)
Sox9 gene regulation and the loss of the XY/XX sex-determining mechanism in the mole vole Ellobius lutescens.
Chromosome Research 20, 191-199 PubMed abstract
- Castillo, SD; Matheu, A; Mariani, N; Carretero, J; López-Ríos, F; Lovell-Badge, R and Sanchez-Cespedes, M (2012)
Novel transcriptional targets of the SRY-HMG box transcription factor SOX4 link its expression to the development of small cell lung cancer.
Cancer Research 72, 176-186 PubMed abstract
- Gómez-Gaviro, M; Lovell-Badge, R; Fernández-Avilés, F and Lara-Pezzi, E (2012)
The vascular stem cell niche.
Journal of Cardiovascular Translational Research 5, 618-630 PubMed abstract
- Gómez-Gaviro, MV; Scott, CE; Sesay, AK; Matheu, A; Booth, S; Galichet, C and Lovell-Badge, R (2012)
Betacellulin promotes cell proliferation in the neural stem cell niche and stimulates neurogenesis.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 109, 1317-1322 PubMed abstract
- Guioli, S; Lovell-Badge, R and Turner, JMA (2012)
Error-prone ZW pairing and no evidence for meiotic sex chromosome inactivation in the chicken germ line.
PLOS Genetics 8, e1002560 PubMed abstract
- Lee, K; Tan, J; Morris, MB; Rizzoti, K; Hughes, J; Cheah, PS; Felquer, F; Liu, X; Piltz, S; Lovell-Badge, R and Thomas, PQ (2012)
Congenital hydrocephalus and abnormal subcommissural organ development in Sox3 transgenic mice.
PLOS ONE 7, e29041 PubMed abstract
- Li, H; Collado, M; Villasante, A; Matheu, A; Lynch, CJ; Canamero, M; Rizzoti, K; Carneiro, C; Martinez, G; Vidal, A; Lovell-Badge, R and Serrano, M (2012)
p27Kip1 directly represses Sox2 during embryonic stem cell differentiation.
Cell Stem Cell 11, 845-852 PubMed abstract
- Ludbrook, LM; Bernard, P; Bagheri-Fam, S; Ryan, J; Sekido, R; Wilhelm, D; Lovell-Badge, R and Harley, VR (2012)
Excess DAX1 leads to XY ovotesticular disorder of sex development (DSD) in mice by inhibiting steroidogenic factor-1 (SF1) activation of the testis enhancer of SRY-box-9 (Sox9).
Endocrinology 153, 1948-1958 PubMed abstract
- Matheu, A; Collado, M; Wise, C; Manterola, L; Cekaite, L; Tye, AJ; Canamero, M; Bujanda, L; Schedl, A; Cheah, KSE; Skotheim, RI; Lothe, RA; López de Munain, A; Briscoe, J; Serrano, M and Lovell-Badge, R (2012)
Oncogenicity of the developmental transcription factor Sox9.
Cancer Research 72, 1301-1315 PubMed abstract
- Zhao, L; Zevallos, SE; Rizzoti, K; Jeong, Y; Lovell-Badge, R and Epstein, DJ (2012)
Disruption of SoxB1-dependent Sonic hedgehog expression in the hypothalamus causes septo-optic dysplasia.
Developmental Cell 22, 585-596 PubMed abstract
- Acloque, H; Ocana, OH; Matheu, A; Rizzoti, K; Wise, C; Lovell-Badge, R and Nieto, MA (2011)
Reciprocal repression between Sox3 and Snail transcription factors defines embryonic territories at gastrulation.
Developmental Cell 21, 546-558 PubMed abstract
- Jakob, S and Lovell-Badge, R (2011)
Sex determination and the control of Sox9 expression in mammals.
FEBS Journal 278, 1002-1009 PubMed abstract
- Knower, KC; Kelly, S; Ludbrook, LM; Bagheri-Fam, S; Sim, H; Bernard, P; Sekido, R; Lovell-Badge, R and Harley, VR (2011)
Failure of SOX9 regulation in 46XY disorders of sex development with SRY, SOX9 and SF1 mutations.
PLOS ONE 6, e17751 PubMed abstract
- Remboutsika, E; Elkouris, M; Iulianella, A; Andoniadou, CL; Poulou, M; Mitsiadis, TA; Trainor, PA and Lovell-Badge, R (2011)
Flexibility of neural stem cells.
Frontiers in Physiology 2, Article 16 PubMed abstract
- Rizzoti, K and Lovell-Badge, R (2011)
Regenerative medicine: organ recital in a dish.
Nature 480, 44-46 PubMed abstract
- Sutton, E; Hughes, J; White, S; Sekido, R; Tan, J; Arboleda, V; Rogers, N; Knower, K; Rowley, L; Eyre, H; Rizzoti, K; McAninch, D; Goncalves, J; Slee, J; Turbitt, E; Bruno, D; Bengtsson, H; Harley, V; Vilain, E; Sinclair, A; Lovell-Badge, R and Thomas, P (2011)
Identification of SOX3 as an XX male sex reversal gene in mice and humans.
Journal of Clinical Investigation 121, 328-341 PubMed abstract
- Takemoto, T; Uchikawa, M; Yoshida, M; Bell, DM; Lovell-Badge, R; Papaioannou, VE and Kondoh, H (2011)
Tbx6-dependent Sox2 regulation determines neural or mesodermal fate in axial stem cells.
Nature 470, 394-396 PubMed abstract
- Caulfield, T; Scott, C; Hyun, I; Lovell-Badge, R; Kato, K and Zarzeczny, A (2010)
Stem cell research policy and iPS cells.
Nature Methods 7, 28-33 PubMed abstract
- Galichet, C; Lovell-Badge, R and Rizzoti, K (2010)
Nestin-Cre mice are affected by hypopituitarism, which is not due to significant activity of the transgene in the pituitary gland.
PLOS ONE 5, e11443 PubMed abstract
- Lovell-Badge, R (2010)
The early history of the Sox genes.
International Journal of Biochemistry & Cell Biology 42, 378-380 PubMed abstract
- Poulou, M; Bell, D; Bozonelos, K; Alexiou, M; Gavalas, A; Lovell-Badge, R and Remboutsika, E (2010)
Development of a chromosomally integrated metabolite-inducible Leu3p-α-IPM "Off-_n" gene switch.
PLOS ONE 5, e12488 PubMed abstract
- Scott, CE; Wynn, SL; Sesay, A; Cruz, C; Cheung, M; Gaviro, M-VG; Booth, S; Gao, B; Cheah, KSE; Lovell-Badge, R and Briscoe, J (2010)
SOX9 induces and maintains neural stem cells.
Nature Neuroscience 13, 1181-1189 PubMed abstract
- Beites, CL; Hollenbeck, PL; Kim, J; Lovell-Badge, R; Lander, AD and Calof, AL (2009)
Follistatin modulates a BMP autoregulatory loop to control the size and patterning of sensory domains in the developing tongue.
Development 136, 2187-2197 PubMed abstract
- Kelberman, D; Rizzoti, K; Lovell-Badge, R; Robinson, ICAF and Dattani, MT (2009)
Genetic regulation of pituitary gland development in human and mouse.
Endocrine Reviews 30, 790-829 PubMed abstract
- Mathews, DJH; Donovan, PJ; Harris, J; Lovell-Badge, R; Savulescu, J and Faden, R (2009)
Pluripotent stem cell-derived gametes: truth and (potential) consequences.
Cell Stem Cell 5, 11-14 PubMed abstract
- Sekido, R and Lovell-Badge, R (2009)
Sex determination and SRY: down to a wink and a nudge?
Trends in Genetics 25, 19-29 PubMed abstract
- Uhlenhaut, NH; Jakob, S; Anlag, K; Eisenberger, T; Sekido, R; Kress, J; Treier, A-C; Klugmann, C; Klasen, C; Holter, NI; Riethmacher, D; Schütz, G; Cooney, AJ; Lovell-Badge, R and Treier, M (2009)
Somatic sex reprogramming of adult ovaries to testes by FOXL2 ablation.
Cell 139, 1130-1142 PubMed abstract
- Zarzeczny, A; Scott, C; Hyun, I; Bennett, J; Chandler, J; Chargé, S; Heine, H; Isasi, R; Kato, K; Lovell-Badge, R; McNagny, K; Pei, D; Rossant, J; Surani, A; Taylor, PL; Ogbogu, U and Caulfield, T (2009)
iPS cells: mapping the policy issues.
Cell 139, 1032-1037 PubMed abstract
- Donovan, PJ; Faden, R; Harris, J; Lovell-Badge, R; Mathews, DJH and Savulescu, J (2008)
Consensus statement: Science, ethics and policy challenges of pluripotent stem cell-derived gametes.
Biology of Reproduction 79, 173-178
- Fauquier, T; Rizzoti, K; Dattani, M; Lovell-Badge, R and Robinson, ICAF (2008)
SOX2-expressing progenitor cells generate all of the major cell types in the adult mouse pituitary gland.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 105, 2907-2912 PubMed abstract
- Kelberman, D; de Castro, SCP; Huang, S; Crolla, JA; Palmer, R; Gregory, JW; Taylor, D; Cavallo, L; Faienza, MF; Fischetto, R; Achermann, JC; Martinez-Barbera, JP; Rizzoti, K; Lovell-Badge, R; Robinson, ICAF; Gerrelli, D and Dattani, MT (2008)
SOX2 plays a critical role in the pituitary, forebrain and eye during human embryonic development.
Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism 93, 1865-1873 PubMed abstract
- Lovell-Badge, R (2008)
The regulation of human embryo and stem-cell research in the United Kingdom.
Nature Reviews Molecular Cell Biology 9, 998-1003 PubMed abstract
- Sekido, R and Lovell-Badge, R (2008)
Sex determination involves synergistic action of SRY and SF1 on a specific Sox9 enhancer.
Nature 453, 930-934 PubMed abstract
[Page last updated 1 May 2013]
© MRC National Institute for Medical Research
The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA