James Briscoe Publications
- Jacob, J; Kong, J; Moore, S; Milton, C; Sasai, N; Gonzalez-Quevedo, R; Terriente, J; Imayoshi, I; Kageyama, R; Wilkinson, David G; Novitch, Bennett G and Briscoe, J (2013)
Retinoid acid specifies neuronal identity through graded expression of Ascl1.
Current Biology 23, 412-418 PubMed abstract
- Kahane, N; Ribes, V; Kicheva, A; Briscoe, J and Kalcheim, C (2013)
The transition from differentiation to growth during dermomyotome-derived myogenesis depends on temporally restricted hedgehog signaling.
Development 140, 1740-1750 PubMed abstract
- Liu, JAJ; Wu, M-H; Yan, CH; Chau, BKH; So, H; Ng, A; Chan, A; Cheah, KSE; Briscoe, J and Cheung, M (2013)
Phosphorylation of Sox9 is required for neural crest delamination and is regulated downstream of BMP and canonical Wnt signaling.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 110, 2882-2887 PubMed abstract
- Panovska-Griffiths, J; Page, KM and Briscoe, J (2013)
A gene regulatory motif that generates oscillatory or multiway switch outputs.
Journal of the Royal Society Interface 10, 20120826
- Tozer, S; Le Dréau, G; Marti, E and Briscoe, J (2013)
Temporal control of BMP signalling determines neuronal subtype identity in the dorsal neural tube.
Development 140, 1467-1474 PubMed abstract
- Balaskas, N; Ribeiro, A; Panovska, J; Dessaud, E; Sasai, N; Page, Karen M; Briscoe, J and Ribes, V (2012)
Gene regulatory logic for reading the Sonic Hedgehog signaling gradient in the vertebrate neural tube.
Cell 148, 273-284 PubMed abstract
- Briscoe, J and Rohatgi, R (2012)
Singapore signalling: the 2012 hedgehog pathway cocktail.
EMBO Reports 13, 580-583 PubMed abstract
- Briscoe, J and Sharpe, J (2012)
Genetics of system biology.
Current Opinion in Genetics & Development 22, 523-526 PubMed abstract
- Bushati, N and Briscoe, J (2012)
Regulation of Neuronal Subtype Identity in the Vertebrate Neural Tube (Neuronal Subtype Identity Regulation).
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, 2012.
- Kicheva, A; Cohen, M and Briscoe, J (2012)
Developmental pattern formation: insights from physics and biology.
Science 338, 210-212 PubMed abstract
- Le Dréau, G; Garcia-Campmany, L; Rabadán, MA; Ferronha, T; Tozer, S; Briscoe, J and Marti, E (2012)
Canonical BMP7 activity is required for the generation of discrete neuronal populations in the dorsal spinal cord.
Development 139, 259-268 PubMed abstract
- Matheu, A; Collado, M; Wise, C; Manterola, L; Cekaite, L; Tye, AJ; Canamero, M; Bujanda, L; Schedl, A; Cheah, KSE; Skotheim, RI; Lothe, RA; López de Munain, A; Briscoe, J; Serrano, M and Lovell-Badge, R (2012)
Oncogenicity of the developmental transcription factor Sox9.
Cancer Research 72, 1301-1315 PubMed abstract
- Rabadán, MA; Cayuso, J; Le Dréau, G; Cruz, C; Barzi, M; Pons, S; Briscoe, J and Martí, E (2012)
Jagged2 controls the generation of motor neuron and oligodendrocyte progenitors in the ventral spinal cord.
Cell Death and Differentiation 19, 209-219 PubMed abstract
- Bangs, F; Antonio, N; Thongnuek, P; Welten, M; Davey, MG; Briscoe, J and Tickle, C (2011)
Generation of mice with functional inactivation of talpid3, a gene first identified in chicken.
Development 138, 3261-3272 PubMed abstract
- Bushati, N; Smith, J; Briscoe, J and Watkins, C (2011)
An intuitive graphical visualization technique for the interrogation of transcriptome data.
Nucleic Acids Research 39, 7380-7389
- Chen, Y; Sasai, N; Ma, G; Yue, T; Jia, J; Briscoe, J and Jiang, J (2011)
Sonic Hedgehog dependent phosphorylation by CK1α and GRK2 is required for ciliary accumulation and activation of smoothened.
PLOS Biology 9, e20977 PubMed abstract
- Escudero, LM; da, FC, L.; Kicheva, A; Briscoe, J; Freeman, M and Babu, MM (2011)
Epithelial organisation revealed by a network of cellular contacts.
Nature Communications 2, 526 PubMed abstract
- Gouti, M; Briscoe, J and Gavalas, A (2011)
Anterior hox genes interact with components of the neural crest specification network to induce neural crest fates.
Stem Cells 29, 858-870 PubMed abstract
- Briscoe, J; Lawrence, PA and Vincent, JP (editors).
Generation and Interpretation of Morphogen Gradients.
New York, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, 2010.
- Cox, B; Briscoe, J and Ulloa, F (2010)
SUMOylation by Pias1 regulates the activity of the Hedgehog dependent Gli transcription factors.
PLOS ONE 5, e11996 PubMed abstract
- Cruz, C; Ribes, V; Kutejova, E; Cayuso, J; Lawson, V; Norris, D; Stevens, J; Davey, M; Blight, K; Bangs, F; Mynett, A; Hirst, E; Chung, R; Balaskas, N; Brody, SL; Marti, E and Briscoe, J (2010)
Foxj1 regulates floor plate cilia architecture and modifies the response of cells to sonic hedgehog signalling.
Development 137, 4271-4282 PubMed abstract
- Dessaud, E; Ribes, V; Balaskas, N; Yang, LL; Pierani, A; Kicheva, A; Novitch, BG; Briscoe, J and Sasai, N (2010)
Dynamic assignment and maintenance of positional identity in the ventral neural tube by the morphogen Sonic hedgehog.
PLOS Biology 8, e1000382 PubMed abstract
- Kicheva, A and Briscoe, J (2010)
Limbs made to measure.
PLOS Biology 8, e1000421 PubMed abstract
- Ribes, V; Balaskas, N; Sasai, N; Cruz, C; Dessaud, E; Cayuso, J; Tozer, S; Yang, LL; Novitch, B; Marti, E and Briscoe, J (2010)
Distinct Sonic Hedgehog signaling dynamics specify floor plate and ventral neuronal progenitors in the vertebrate neural tube.
Genes & Development 24, 1186-1200 PubMed abstract
- Scott, CE; Wynn, SL; Sesay, A; Cruz, C; Cheung, M; Gaviro, M-VG; Booth, S; Gao, B; Cheah, KSE; Lovell-Badge, R and Briscoe, J (2010)
SOX9 induces and maintains neural stem cells.
Nature Neuroscience 13, 1181-1189 PubMed abstract
- Zhu, D; Jarmin, S; Ribeiro, A; Prin, F; Xie, SQ; Sullivan, K; Briscoe, J; Gould, AP; Marelli-Berg, FM and Gu, Y (2010)
Applying an adaptive watershed to the tissue cell quantification during T-cell migration and embryonic development.
Methods in Molecular Biology 616, 207-228 PubMed abstract
- Briscoe, J (2009)
Making a grade: Sonic Hedgehog signalling and the control of neural cell fate.
EMBO Journal 28, 457-465 PubMed abstract
- Cheung, HO-L; Zhang, X; Ribeiro, A; Mo, R; Makino, S; Puviindran, V; Law, KKL; Briscoe, J and Hui, C-C (2009)
The kinesin protein Kif7 is a critical regulator of Gli transcription factors in mammalian Hedgehog signaling.
Science Signaling 2, ra29 PubMed abstract
- Ermakov, A; Stevens, JL; Whitehill, E; Robson, JE; Pieles, G; Brooker, D; Goggolidou, P; Powles-Glover, N; Hacker, T; Young, SR; Dear, N; Hirst, E; Tymowska-Lalanne, Z; Briscoe, J; Bhattacharya, S and Norris, DP (2009)
Mouse mutagenesis identifies novel roles for left-right patterning genes in pulmonary, craniofacial, ocular, and limb development.
Developmental Dynamics 238, 581-594 PubMed abstract
- Gao, B; Hu, J; Stricker, S; Cheung, ME; Ma, G; Law, KF; Witte, F; Briscoe, J; Mundlos, S; He, L; Cheah, KSE and Chan, DA (2009)
A mutation in Ihh that causes digit abnormalities alters its signalling capacity and range.
Nature 458, 1196-1200 PubMed abstract
- Jacob, J; Storm, R; Castro, DS; Milton, C; Pla, P; Guillemot, F; Birchmeier, C and Briscoe, J (2009)
Insm1 (IA-1) is an essential component of the regulatory network that specifies monoaminergic neuronal phenotypes in the vertebrate hindbrain.
Development 136, 2477-2485 PubMed abstract
- Kutejova, E; Briscoe, J and Kicheva, A (2009)
Temporal dynamics of patterning by morphogen gradients.
Current Opinion in Genetics & Development 19, 315-322 PubMed abstract
- Lin, W; Metzakopian, E; Mavromatakis, YE; Gao, N; Balaskas, N; Sasaki, H; Briscoe, J; Whitsett, JA; Goulding, M; Kaestner, KH and Ang, SL (2009)
Foxa1 and Foxa2 function both upstream of and cooperatively with Lmx1a and Lmx1b in a feedforward loop promoting mesodiencephalic dopaminergic neuron development.
Developmental Biology 333, 386-396 PubMed abstract
- Ribes, V and Briscoe, J (2009)
Establishing and interpreting graded Sonic Hedgehog signaling during vertebrate neural tube patterning: the role of negative feedback.
Cold Spring Harbor Perspectives in Biology 1, a002014 PubMed abstract
- Bardet, P-L; Kolahgar, G; Mynett, A; Miguel-Aliaga, I; Briscoe, J; Meier, P and Vincent, J-P (2008)
A fluorescent reporter of caspase activity for live imaging.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 105, 13901-13905 PubMed abstract
- Briscoe, J and Novitch, BG (2008)
Regulatory pathways linking progenitor patterning, cell fates and neurogenesis in the ventral neural tube.
Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences 363, 57-70 PubMed abstract
- Dessaud, E; McMahon, AP and Briscoe, J (2008)
Pattern formation in the vertebrate neural tube: a sonic hedgehog morphogen-regulated transcriptional network.
Development 135, 2489-2503 PubMed abstract
- Tobin, JL; Di Franco, M; Eichers, E; May-Simera, H; Garcia, M; Yan, J; Quinlan, R; Justice, MJ; Hennekam, RC; Briscoe, J; Tada, M; Mayor, R; Burns, AJ; Lupski, JR; Hammond, P and Beales, PL (2008)
Inhibition of neural crest migration underlies craniofacial dysmorphology and Hirschsprung's disease in Bardet-Biedl syndrome.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 105, 6714-6719 PubMed abstract
[Page last updated 1 May 2013]
© MRC National Institute for Medical Research
The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA