NIMR Centenary Symposium: 1-2 July 2014: Alumni invitation
04 June 2014
NIMR is 100 years old this year
and will be celebrating with a two day symposium on 1-2 July 2014. There are 50 places available for
NIMR alumni to attend. They will be allocated on a
Tuesday 1st July 2014
- 09:45-10:00 - Jim Smith: Welcome and introductory remarks
- 10:00-10:30 - John Skehel: 'Influenza and Virology at Mill Hill'
- 10:30-11:00 - Angela Gronenborn: 'NIMR and Beyond'
- 11:00-11:30 - Martin Turner: 'Regulation of lymphocyte development by RNA binding proteins'
- 11:30-12:00 - James Turner: 'X chromosome inactivation and infertility'
- 12:00-13:00 - **Lunch break - food not provided**
- 13:00-13:30 - Robb Krumlauf: 'Hox and the hindbrain: A story in segments'
- 13:30-14:00 - Alain Townsend: 'A Day in the Life of the Immune Response to Influenza'
- 14:00-14:30 - Magdalena Goetz: 'Neural repair – how to make and connect neurons in the adult brain'
- 14:30-15:00 - Katrin Rittinger: 'Regulation of immune signalling by ubiquitination'
- 15:00-15:30 - **Break - Tea/Coffee provided**
- 15:30-16:00 - Tim Bliss: 'NIMR and the synapse: from chemical transmission to plasticity'
- 16:00-16:30 - Angela Nieto: 'Epithelial plasticity in health and disease'
- 16:30-17:00 - Tom Kirkwood: 'Why and how are we living longer?'
- 17:00-17:30 - Eva Frickel: 'The world's most successful parasite Toxoplasma gondii and its life with the immune system of the host'
- 17:30-18:30 - **Drinks at the bar**
Wednesday 2nd July 2014
- 09:30-10:00 - Richard Flavell: 'Inflammasomes in health, dysbiosis and disease'
- 10:00-10:30 - Claudia Veigel: 'Mechanics of conventional and unconventional myosin motors'
- 10:30-11:00 - Alex Gould: 'Adapting to a stressful start in life'
- 11:00-11:30 - **Break - Tea/Coffee** (canteen area)
- 11:30-12:00 - Andy McMahon: 'Progenitor programs in mammalian nephrogenesis'
- 12:00-12:30 - Anne O’Garra: 'The Immune Response in tuberculosis: from mouse models to human disease'
- 12:30-13:30 - **End of Symposium talks/Lunch**
- 16:00-16:30 - Drinks at the bar
- 16:30-17:00 - Toast/Speech with Jim Smith
- 17:00-Late - Symposium party in the canteen/bar
If you would like to
come please email: acannon at nimr dot mrc dot ac dot uk (please remove spaces and replace at and dots with appropriate symbols). Please use the subject
line: Centenary Symposium – Alumni booking.
Bookings will close on 6th June
receive an email confirming your booking.