Located in North West London, NIMR is served by rail, tube and bus services, with connections to the major airports.
For those travelling by road, the Institute is easily accessible from the A1, M1 and M25, and there is on-site parking.
- The nearest tube station is Mill Hill East on the Northern Line (High Barnet branch)
- You may need to change at Finchley Central
- From Mill Hill East station the Institute is a 15 minute walk uphill
- Alternatively, the 240 bus directly outside the station will drop you at the front of the Institute
The nearest train station is Mill Hill Broadway.
From Mill Hill Broadway it is about a ten minute journey by taxi, which will cost less than £10. The taxi company is at the bottom of the stairs at the station exit. There is generally no need to book.
Alternatively, the 240 bus takes less than 10 minutes, and will drop you at the entrance to the Institute. At the foot of the stairs at the station exit there are stops for a number of buses, however these are going in the opposite direction from the Institute. The bus stop for the 240 to NIMR is across the main road and approximately 200 yards to the right, amongst the shops on the high street.
The 240 bus goes from Golders Green Station via Hendon to Mill Hill East and The Ridgeway, stopping directly outside the Institute. In the opposite direction it goes from Edgeware to Mill Hill Broadway and then to the Ridgeway, again stopping just outside the Institute.
The 221 bus goes from Turnpike Lane to Wood Green then North Finchley and Mill Hill East. Get off just as it turns off The Ridgeway (into Engel Park) then walk up The Ridgeway for another five minutes or so, and you will see the Institute on the opposite side of the road. (In the opposite direction the 221 bus starts from Edgeware to Mill Hill Broadway and then to Engel Park, just off The Ridgeway.)
- From the North via M1 - exit at Junction 2 - A1 (Great
North Way) - left into Holders Hill Road - Bittacy Hill - The Ridgeway
From the North via A1 or A41 to Apex Corner - Mill
Hill Circus - Daws Lane (just after Circus) - left into Hammers Lane -
right into The Ridgeway
- From the M25 - exit at Junction 23 (South Mimms) - A1 (Barnet By-
Pass) then as above
- A406 (North Circular Road) from the West - left into
Brent Street - Parson Street - Holders Hill Road - Bittacy Hill - The
- A406 (North Circular Road) from the East - to Henlys
corner - right fork to A1 - right into Holders Hill Road - Bittacy Hill
- The Ridgeway
The Institute has secure, free parking on site for both visitors and staff.
- Heathrow Airport
- London Underground Piccadilly line to King's Cross, then Northern Line
to Mill Hill East. 240 bus or walk to Institute.
- Heathrow Express to
Paddington, then London Underground Circle Line or Hammersmith &
City Line to King's Cross. Northern Line to Mill Hill East, then 240 bus
or walk (uphill) to Institute.
- Gatwick Airport
- Train to Mill
Hill Broadway (changing at Blackfriars). The taxi or 240 bus to the Institute.
- Gatwick Express train to London Victoria, then London Underground
(Victoria Line) to King's Cross. Northern Line to Mill Hill East, then
240 bus or walk (uphill) to Institute.
- City Airport
- Shuttle bus to Canary Wharf. Docklands Light Railway to Bank. London
Underground Northern Line to Mill Hill East, then 240 bus or walk
(uphill) to the Institute.
- Stansted Airport
- Stansted Express train to London Liverpool Street. Then London
Underground (Circle, Metropolitan, or Hammersmith & City Line) to
King's Cross. Northern Line to Mill Hill East, then 240 bus or walk
(uphill) to Institute.
- Luton Airport
- Shuttle bus from airport to Luton Airport Parkway train station. Train to Mill Hill Broadway, then bus or taxi to NIMR.